- 16 pieces chicken - 8 thighs and 8 legs - either bone in or out and skin on or off
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 - 4 tbsp TBQ Zesty Sauce
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 tsp TBQ Steak and Chop or TBQ Rib, Chicken and Butt Rub (for a smokey flavour)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 large onion, sliced
- Rinse chicken pieces in cold water and pat dry with paper towel.
- In a large shallow dish, whisk together buttermilk, oil, TBQ Zesty Sauce, mustard, garlic and spices. Stir in the onion. Pierce the chicken all over with a sharp knife and arrange pieces in the dish with the liquid. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade. Drain thoroughly, either in a colander or on a rack. Keep at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat BBQ on high. If your chicken has skin on, place it on the BBQ skin side down. Reduce the temperature to medium and cover. Cook for 25 to 30 minutes. Carefully turn the chicken. Cook for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Using a meat thermometer, check for an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Serve on a warm platter and enjoy.