- 1 cup pot barley, cooked (save liquid)
- 1 cup lentils, cooked (save liquid)
- 1 cup chick peas, cooked or canned (save liquid)
- 1 cup eggplant, sliced
- 1 cup portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 12 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small beet, cooked, peeled and chopped
- 3 tbsp TBQ Zesty Sauce or TBQ Honey Sauce
- 3 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp TBQ Steak and Chop
- 1 tbsp TBQ All Purpose Seasoning
- Season eggplant slices with TBQ All Purpose Seasoning, let them rest for 25 minutes. Rinse off with water and pat dry with paper towel. Chop slices into quaters.
- Put all ingredients into a food processor and use pulse to blend to a chunky texture. If moisture is needed, use the liquid saved from cooking barley, lentils or chick peas. When mixture gets to a firm consistency, form into burger patties.
- Lightly oil the outside of the burgers before cooking. Grill on BBQ or fry in a skillet until hot all the way through.
- Serve on buns with TBQ Zesty Sauce or TBQ Honey Sauce and fresh toppings.