- 3 medium green zucchini, 1/2” slices on a severe angle
- 3 medium yellow zucchini, 1/2” slices on a severe angle
- 3 small eggplant (Japanese), 1/2” slices on a severe angle
- 3 medium portobello mushrooms, stems removed & cleaned
- 3 belgium endive, cut in half length wise
- 3 fennel bulbs cut in 1/2 inch slices lengthwise
- 12 large green onions
- 18 spears asparagus, cleaned and trimmed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp TBQ Steak and Chop - for a robust flavour, or TBQ Rib, Chicken & Butt Rub - for a Smokey, sweet flavour, or TBQ All Purpose Seasoning - for a light flavour
- Put all the vegetables on large trays and generously brush with olive oil and sprinkle with balsamic vinegar.
- Season all vegetables with TBQ seasoning of your choice. Allow to marinate for at least 1 hour. At the half hour, turn vegetables.
- Drain thoroughly and place vegetables on a medium-hot grill. Put the small pieces on a BBQ grill basket. Close cover for approximately 4 minutes. Rotate or turn, and cover for another 2 - 3 minutes. Vegetables should be slightly charred but still crisp.
- In a shallow casserole dish, bring the marinade to a simmer. Remove the vegetables from the grill, place in the casserole dish and toss to coat the vegetables.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.