- 3 lbs red skin potatoes - 2 lbs peeled, 1 lb skins left on
- 6 oz 18% cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/8 tsp fresh nutmeg, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, roasted (or more, to taste)
- 1 tbsp TBQ Steak and Chop
- Put the potatoes into a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Drain potatoes and cover to keep warm.
- In a saucepan, slowly melt the butter and warm the cream. Add the nutmeg, garlic and TBQ Steak and Chop.
- Begin mashing potatoes by hand with a potato masher. Gradually pour the cream and butter mixture over the potatoes while mashing.
- Stir in sour cream with a wooden spoon. Potatoes should have some lumps - that is why they call it smashed potatoes!