- 1.5 Pounds of Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Large White Onion
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Can of Red Kidney Beans (16-18 Oz. Can Drained)
- 1 Can of Diced Tomatoes (28 fl Oz. Can with Juices)
- 1 tsp Cumin (ground)
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp TBQ Chili Chunga- (may add more to taste)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cheddar Cheese
- Sprinkle TBQ Southwest Spice on top to taste (optional)
- Jalapeno (optional) *Note- remove seeds if you'd like less spice.
- Dice onion, bell pepper and mince garlic. Cook first 4 ingredients in a large pot over medium-high heat, stirring until beef crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Stir in ingredients 6-9.
- Simmer over medium heat for 1.5 hours stirring occasionally until everything has been cooked through. (If you'd like to add the chopped jalapeños you may add them now.) Note* cooking for a little while longer will thicken the consistency of the Chili. Once the Chili cools; it will be much thicker.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and more TBQ Chili Chunga Spice or TBQ Southwest Spice if desired.
- Once finished top with grated cheddar cheese. Enjoy!