- 3 lbs of fine ground lean beef
- 5 slices of bacon (chopped)
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 3/4 cup of stone wheat crackers (crushed)
- 1 whole egg
- 2 tbsp of TBQ Chili Chunga Spice
- 3 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup of TBQ's Hot or Sweet Sauce
- 10 toasted kaiser buns
- Make sure the beef is extremely cold before you use it.
- Sauté the bacon and the onions until the onions are translucent but not brown, then add the garlic. Once finished, take the bacon mixture off of the heat and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the beef, egg, crackers, seasonings, Worcestershire sauce, and the bacon mixture. Mix by hand. NOTE - Keep the mixture as cold as possible while mixing. Do not over mix, as this will cause your finished burgers to become tough.
- Form into patties and place on an oiled bar-b-que grill. (Any patties that you do not use can be individually wrapped and frozen for later use.)
- When bar-b-q-ing, only flip the burgers once. Baste with the desired TBQ sauce once the burgers have been flipped.
- Dress the burgers in any way you desire and enjoy.